EETT has announced new regulations for number portability, that entered into force on 23-11-2014.
The new regulations:
– shorten the time to process a number portability application
– reduce the number of reasons with which a donor provider can reject the application
– set clear deadlines for cancellations of number portability applications by the subscribers
– set obligations to recipient providers to provide an acknowledgement to subscribers for number portability request, as well as each cancellation request
– setup a compensation regime for the benefit of subscribers, in cases of abuse or delay in porting a telephone number
System maintenance works have been concluded and Number Search service is back in operation.